Daniel married 2nd Sophia Schlutt on 10 February 1837 in Stark County, Ohio. They had 6 children. They moved to Medina County, Ohio.
Daniel married 3rd Mrs. Eleanor Frank on 14 October 1847 in Stark County, Ohio. Eleanor was born 16 May 1807 in Pennsylvania and died 15 September 1889. Daniel and Eleanor had no children, but Eleanor had children from her previous marriage that joined the Housley family.
In the 1850s, Daniel and Eleanor moved to Wood County, Ohio. Daniel died on 22 July 1876 in Portage, Wood County, Ohio, He was buried in Portage Cemetery.
Daniel Housley and Elizabeth Shanefelt had 5 children:
- Unknown daughter who died before 1876 and had child, Marie Clinger.
- Susan Housley (1826-1888) married Frederick Wellhouse (1828-1911).
- Henry Housley (1830-1909) married Charlotte Ulrich (1827-1910).
- Mary Housley (1831-1874) married David Henshie (1826-1902).
- George Housley (1834-1916) married Mary Elizabeth Fiery (1841-1930).
- Samuel Housley (circa 1838-1865) died in the Civil War and was buried in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Catharine Housley (1839-1925) married Thomas D Avery (1838-1921).
- Rebecca Housley (1841-1883) married Nicholas Dienst (1841-1915).
- Daniel Presley Housley (circa 1842 - 1886) married Mary [--?--] (circa 1857 - ?).
- Richard Andrew Housley (1844-1927) married 1st Anna A Friend (circa 1847 - ?) and married 2nd Mary Price (1842-1926).
- Sophia Housley (circa 1847-1875) married William Wallace DeWitt (1843-1920).